General Policy Statement
Ski Bees members, ski instructors and guests should enjoy an environment free from all forms of harassment and violence. Ski Bees takes a zero tolerance approach to acts of harassment, sexual harassment and violence.
Any act of harassment or violence committed by or against any member, ski instructor or guest of our organization or member of the public, is deemed unacceptable conduct that will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all Ski Bees activities.
All Ski Bees members, ski instructors and guests are entitled to be treated with dignity, free from harassment and violence based on the protected grounds of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, age, marital or family status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other grounds prescribed by any law that applies to Ski Bees Inc.
“Ski Bees” means Ski Bees Inc.
“Member” means any current/past Ski Bees Member.
“Guest” means any person participating in a Ski Bees activity who is not a Member, but invited to participate at the request of a Member.
“Ski Instructor” means any person providing ski instruction to Ski Bees Members or Guests on behalf of Ski Bees.
“Violence” by definition is:
(a) the exercise of physical force by a person against another person that causes or could cause physical injury to the worker,
(b) an attempt to exercise physical force against a person that could cause physical injury to a worker,
(c) a statement or behaviour that is reasonable for a person to interpret as a threat to exercise physical force that could cause physical injury.
“Harassment” by definition is:
Any vexatious comment or conduct that is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome. Such behaviour includes unwelcome physical contact, verbal comments, psychological harassment, or conduct that offends and/or humiliates another person.
The expanded definition includes any vexatious comment or conduct that is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome because of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression where the comment or conduct is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome.
Making a sexual solicitation or advance where the person making the solicitation or advance knows or ought reasonably to know that the solicitation or advance is unwelcome.
Behaviours that may constitute harassment, sexual harassment and violence are:
intimidating behaviours that demean, embarrass or humiliate and are known or would be expected to be unwelcome;
threatening, confrontational gestures, or using abusive language towards another person;
use of sharp objects, slapping, punching or otherwise physically attacking a person;
slanderous remarks, including gossip and negative or derogatory comments;
differential treatment based on race, gender, ethnicity;
racist or sexist humour;
unwanted physical contact;
any conduct that results in the damage or destruction of personal or company property and valuables.
Harassment, sexual harassment and violence in any form at Ski Bees activities will not be tolerated. Allegations of violence and or harassing behaviour will be thoroughly investigated and treated as a serious matter.
Ski Bees is committed to:
a) investigating reported allegations of violence and harassment in an objective and timely manner;
b) taking necessary action to respond to those allegations; and
If you feel that you are being subjected to acts of harassment, sexual harassment or violence at a Ski Bees activity:
1.Members, Ski Instructors or Guests who believe they have been treated in an improper or offensive manner are expected to communicate their disapproval and advise the offending party to stop subjecting them to inappropriate behaviour. It must be made clear to the individual that their actions/behaviour is not welcome and must cease effective immediately.
2.If the offending behaviour persists, or if the initial behaviour is unacceptable, report the allegation immediately to Ski Bees Management.
3.Information obtained about an allegation or complaint of harassment, including identifying information about any individuals involved, will not be disclosed unless the disclosure is necessary for investigating, taking corrective action, or required by law.
Upon Receipt of a Complaint Ski Bees Management will:
1. Request a written statement from the complainant.
2. Meet with the complainant to review the complaint thoroughly ensuring specific dates, times, locations, and witnesses are identified and recorded.
3. Meet with the individual that has been accused of the alleged behaviour. Explain to the individual that we are conducting an investigation into allegations of harassment/violence. Advise that all claims are allegations until proven otherwise.
4. Review the concerns and allegations that have been presented ensuring that the person who has allegedly subjected another person to harassing or violent behaviour has the opportunity to respond to the allegations.
5. Assess both persons statements in an attempt to establish if any harassment/violence has taken place. In the event that additional information is required interviews with a wider audience will take place.
6. Reiterate to all parties involved that the subject is highly confidential and that under no circumstances should the investigation or the allegations be discussed with any other parties.
7. At the conclusion of the investigation establish whether or not the claim of harassment/violence has merit. In the event that the claim has merit and a person has subjected another person to harassing/violent behaviour, the appropriate action will be taken.
8. In the event that it’s established that the behaviour is inappropriate but does not constitute harassment, parameters and expectations for future behaviour will be established.
9. The complainant will be advised of the results of the investigation. Any corrective action issued or to be issued will be shared with the complainant.
10. Ensure that decisions that are made at the conclusion of the investigation are documented.
Ski Bees Inc, RR#2, Flesherton, ON, N0C1E0 Text or call: (705)-212-2SKI or (705) 212 -2754 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org